Libre Music Production is a community-driven online resource, focused on promoting musical creation and composition using free and open source (FLOSS) software. By providing hands-on material submitted by the community, such as guides, tutorials, articles and news updates, we want to show not only that there is great FLOSS audio software out there, but also how to practically use that software to make music.
A workflow that works
They can roughly be divided into the following steps:
- Step 1. Choosing and installing an audio distribution of Linux
- Step 2 Get recording hardware
- Step 3. Learning and understanding the basics (JACK)
You can also learn about softsynths and samplers.
- Step 4. Learning software and producing music.
- Step 5. Exporting music > Export your music using your chosen software's export tools.
A complete workflow using Muse and Ardour is described in a video tutorial. Another starting point is How I got produce music with Ardour.
Contribute content to Libre Music Production
In the spirit of FLOSS, an important goal for LMP is to involve as much as possible of the community in as many aspects of LMP as possible. Read more about how you can contribute content!