AMSynth sees new release
AMSynth version 1.7.0 has just been released. AMSynth is an open source realtime software synthesizer for Linux. Its operation is similar to analog Moog Minimoog and Roland Juno-60, which are considered classic synthesizers from the 1970s. It is available in various formats, including LV2 and DSSI plugins as well as JACK/ALSA standalone clients.
Changes in this release include -
- MIDI CCs are now sent immediately when changing a parameter in the UI
- fixed an issue with ALSA MIDI input becoming delayed
- improved UI error detection / reporting when using JACK
- implemented bank switching via MIDI (CC #0)
- implemented "Ignore Preset Value" option to allow parameters to be "locked"
- enabled use of alternate tunings in plugin
- added French and German translations
- added a manpage
- fixed UI issues when used as a plugin in Tracktion or other JUCE based host
- fixed some UI layout glitches and improved the "audition" UI
- fixed use of deprecated snd_seq_free_event API
The source code for this release can be downloaded from github.