The "Gang of 3" is loose again
The Vee One Suite aka. the gang of three old-school homebrew software instruments, respectively synthv1, as a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer, samplv1, a polyphonic sampler synthesizer and drumkv1 as one another drum-kit sampler, are here released once again, now in their tenth reincarnation.
All available in dual form:
- a pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session, NSM (Non Session management) and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support;
- a LV2 instrument plug-in.
The esoteric change-log goes like this:
- LV2 Patch property parameters and Worker/Schedule support are now finally in place, allowing for sample file path selections from generic user interfaces (applies to samplv1 and drumkv1 only).
- All changes to most continuous parameter values are now smoothed to a fast but finite slew rate.
- All BPM sync options to current transport (Auto) have been refactored to new special minimum value (which is now zero).
- In compliance to the LV2 spec. MIDI Controllers now affect cached parameter values only, via shadow ports, instead of input control ports directly, mitigating their read-only restriction.
- Make sure LV2 plug-in state is properly reset on restore.
- Dropped the --enable-qt5 from configure as found redundant given that's the build default anyway (suggestion by Guido Scholz, while for Qtractor, thanks).
Read the official release notes on Rui Nuno Capela's blog